Position: Administrative Assistant
The California Association of Winegrape Growers (CAWG) seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant to join the association’s team. The position is part-time (20-25 hours/week), hourly, and reports to the President of the association.
CAWG is a statewide trade association that protects and promotes the interests of California winegrape growers. CAWG champions the winegrowing industry’s long-term success by advancing the adoption of sound public policies and fostering awareness and understanding of winegrape growers’ contributions to the economy, environment, and California communities.
To provide administrative, clerical, and computer support for the association. The goal is to deliver comprehensive administrative assistance, facilitate efficient communication among team members, ensure seamless coordination of tasks and events, and enhance overall productivity.
- Oversee all aspects of general office administration.
- Perform various clerical duties, including copying, scanning, mailing, and filing.
- Manage multiple incoming phone lines, warmly greet callers, and in-office visitors, representing the association professionally.
- Create, modify, and merge documents such as invoices and letters.
- Coordinate the mailing and distribution of outgoing correspondence, including membership renewal notices, annual elections, and special mailers.
- Enter data into association databases and generate periodic reports using management software.
- Assist in onsite staffing for special events, including regional meetings and the Unified Wine & Grape Symposium.
- Provide support for the CAWG Foundation scholarship selection and award process.
- Manage the conference room calendar and assist in setting up and cleaning up meetings.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including mail, email, and deliveries.
- Timely order and manage the acquisition of office supplies in a cost-effective manner.
- Support staff in assigned project-based work.
In a small team setting, the administrative assistant plays a crucial role in fostering a positive experience for members. Key responsibilities include working closely with various staff members:
- Collaborate with the Manager of Membership and Communications to ensure the timely publication of the annual membership directory and facilitate communication related to member relations, including membership renewals.
- Support the Director of Government Relations in organizing CAWG’s annual advocacy day, promoting the CAWG PAC, and handling day-to-day tasks.
- Assist the President in communication efforts directed towards the Board of Directors and members.
- Coordinate with the Contracts Events Manager and Business Manager, as needed, to prepare for CAWG events, coordinate the CAWG Foundation scholarship program, and manage general office matters.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- Typing speed of at least 40 words per minute.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in operating standard office equipment (computers, telephone systems, copiers, and fax machines).
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Capability to lift or move moderately heavy boxes, packages, or equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or equivalent applications.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in general office responsibilities and procedures, with a preference for association experience.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate, skilled in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, or equivalent applications. Database software experience is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
This is a part-time position, averaging 20-25 hours per week, with an hourly rate. This position offers room for growth, with the potential for increased hours and responsibilities. Benefits include a 401(k) with a 4% safe harbor match, vacation, and sick leave. Additionally, CAWG provides travel reimbursement, as the position may involve occasional travel for board meetings and CAWG events. The position is based in our downtown Sacramento, CA office, and paid parking is provided.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any inquiries to Carolee Williams at [email protected]. All submitted resumes will receive an email confirmation upon receipt. For questions about the position, refrain from contacting the CAWG office. Compensation will be based on experience.
VIEW JOB POSTING
CAWG is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that values and respects all individuals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Please note that the above is a general outline of the responsibilities of the position and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. We value flexibility, adaptability, and a willingness to learn and grow in our team members.