The California Association of Winegrape Growers (CAWG) seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant to join the association’s four-person team. The position is part-time, hourly and reports to the President of the association.
Organization: CAWG is the leading wine industry association advocating for the interests of California winegrape growers before state and federal legislators and regulators, and international trade policy and standards setting organizations. Also, the association keeps its members informed of key industry trends and issues and provides quality education and networking opportunities.
Position Objective: To provide administrative, clerical and computer support for CAWG, an association with 4 full-time staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend to all aspects of general office administration.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, copying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Manage multiple incoming phone lines, greet callers cordially, but efficiently, and represent the association to its membership and the public in a professional manner.
- Create, modify, and merge documents such as invoices and letters.
- Coordinate the mailing and distribution of outgoing correspondence (include monthly newsletter, membership renewal notices, and special mailers)
- Enter data into association databases and generate periodic reports using management software.
- Make accounts receivable entries and prepare batch reports for bank deposits.
- Assist with onsite staffing for special events, such as regional meetings and the Unified Wine & Grape Symposium.
- Support CAWG Foundation scholarship selection and award process.
- Manage conference room calendar and assist in the setting and cleaning up of meetings.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including mail, email, and deliveries.
- Timely order and manage the acquisition of office supplies, in a cost-effective manner.
- Support staff in assigned project-based work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Type no less than 40 words per minute.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in operating standard office equipment such as computers, telephone systems, copiers, and fax machine.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Lift or move moderately heavy boxes, packages or equipment.
Minimum Requirements and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in general office responsibilities and procedures. Association experience preferred.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, or equivalent applications. Database software experience is a plus.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
Send resume with cover letter and any questions to the attention of Carolee Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes submitted will receive an email response confirming receipt. Please do not contact the CAWG office regarding this position. Salary based on experience.
Position posted: January 17, 2020
Open until filled